Dimensional errors in Hexy parts

Hi,

I have one of the original Kickstarter Hexy’s, which for various reasons sat partially assembled for a few years before recently being revived.

However, once assembled I noticed that his hip joints were quite badly misaligned - the servos on some joints weren’t vertically aligned. Pulling Hexy apart and stacking the “horn” and “pivot” pieces of the body confirmed that the pivots don’t line up.

Attached is a comparison of the Horn’s DXF vs a scan of the actual piece. I’ve scaled the scan so that the holes near the centre of the body on the right hand side line up. You’ll notice that most of the right side is pretty close, but the left side is miles out.

Wow, flashback time. Its been a while since I’ve seen this.

There was a problem long ago when we were still cutting our own pieces, one of the laser cutters had a slipping x-axis that resulted in x-axis of all parts in that sheet being so many % wider. It didn’t matter for any pieces except that one large body piece, so it took a few units for us to catch it, which we ended up replacing most. We tested for this afterwards, and now make sure our cutting service does the same. Looks like yours was one of those rare few from that time.

If you email help@arcbotics.com, we can get you a replacement bag of body parts(although we only stock blue anymore, sorry).