I’ve completed a new Hexy build and thoroughly tested each servo and connection.
I’m using the Powerex batteries that were recommended and I’ve tried both the 4 and 5 cell configuration and both exhibit the same problem.
I’m using Pomoco 2.0 under Windows 8.1
So…if I connect 4 of the 6 legs, everything works fine (if a little spazzy and jerky)
I can continue to add servos one at a time and I can actually get to the point where they’re all connected and working, but within a few movement changes, all legs curl up in the air like a dead spider and it takes a reset to get anything running. On reset, it will go into an epileptic seizure and end up legs up again. If I disconnect all but four legs (well…13 servos…12+1 head) it’ll be fine. Anything more than this and it’s just a matter of time before it locks up.
It doesn’t matter which combination of servos or ports. I originally thought that it might have been a flaky servo taking things down, but no such luck. Surprisingly, 4 or 5 batteries doesn’t seem to affect the number of servos. (though with 5, the power wires actually start to melt together.