No port listed in Arduino IDE - Board broken?

Hey all!

Today when trying to update the Servotor32 I ran into the problem that the Arduino IDE could’nt find the Arduino Leonardo board. In the tools menu no ports were shown at all. Additionaly I got the following message from Ubuntu when running “dmesg”:
“usb 3-1: new full-speed USB device number 6 using xhci_hcd
usb 3-1: Device not responding to set address.
usb 3-1: Device not responding to set address.
usb 3-1: device not accepting address 6, error -71”

This was reproducable at different machines. My windows machine can’t find the board/port neither. I already googled a lot trying to fix it for hours. My attempts also included switching to another USB cable, hard resetting the board and trying different USB ports as well as different IDE versions. The green light on the board is still on and the bluetooth module is blinking. The problem first occured after I tried to retrieve the servotor version currently installed on the board via the serial manager of the Arduino IDE and got no response for quite some time freezing the IDE. Still I don’t this would cause to damage the board and making a hard reset useless. Also the board is quite new and I have it for only a few months now.

Any suggestions on this? Do I have to get a new board?

Hi Andre,

This is extremely odd. We can get you a new board immediately if you email help@arcbotics.com. We’ve never seen this one before though (USB reporting, but dmsg doesn’t at least report the VID/PID). We’ll get you a shipping label so you can ship it back and we can figure out what went wrong.