I’ve been working like crazy for the last week to package the firmware all nice and tidy, as well as write a new backend engine for servo update that doesn’t require any manual updating by the users’ code. What this really means is:
Hexy is now way easier to code for!
[ul]- The mess is all hidden, its now all in an easy library we’re now writing docs for
- New backend that doesn’t require manual updating. Tell a servo to move, it moves! You don’t even need to know its there anymore.
- A driver is now included for the ultrasonic module, as easy as calling hexy.ping()
- The board now automatically configures the bluetooth module once plugged in
- Debug printouts for those so inclined on knowing more how the code works
- Way more commenting to make it easier to understand the code, and to make your own[/ul]
I’m still working on adding arduino move-generation to PoMoCo, but progress is going well. I can now generate moves with python code that you can copy-paste into the arduino code. One step easier in making Hexy more autonomous.
You can get it here